Flash by CEI
Flash by CEI is the application for assessing the risk associated with atmospheric discharges and for identifying and sizing the related countermeasures.
It allows the quantitative calculation of the risk to people and things, guiding the designer in the choice of the protection measures.
Flash by CEI allows you to obtain:
- lightning risk assessment
- the targeted choice of lightning protection measures according to the IEC 62305 standard
- calculation of the lightning current, of the safety distance and verification of the SPDs
- economic analysis and comparison of the various design solutions
- automatic calculation of the lightning collection area from the structure drawing
- the technical report exportable in editable Microsoft Word format
Guided input of the characteristics of zones, lines and systems
With Flash by CEI the compilation of input data is simple and it is possible to define in a guided way:
- structures and areas with any characteristics (residential or industrial buildings, hospitals, etc.)
- external lines and systems inside the structure of any type (energy, telephone, data, etc.)
Lightning risk assessment
The assessment of the overall lightning risk is carried out with details of the individual risk components and according to the types of sources of damage.
This makes it possible to evaluate the potential risk of the structures in detail and to choose the most effective protection measures among those recommended by the technical standards (LPS, SPD, electrical insulation, external shielding, etc.).
The risk assessment allows you to represent the results of the calculation both in graphical and numerical form.
Choice of protection measures and economic analysis of the various design solutions identified
The choice of lightning protection measures is carried out directly on structures, zones, lines and systems in a simple and targeted way.
It can be performed in automatic mode (using the specific “wizard” for the automatic choice of protection against atmospheric discharges) or manually (by selecting the improvement to be applied for the risk component to be optimised).
It is also possible to carry out an analysis of the Risk of Economic Loss (R4).
Calculation of lightning current, safety distance and verification of SPDs
With Flash by CEI With Flash by CEI it is possible to automatically obtain the diagram of the incoming lines of the systems with the characteristics defined in the risk assessment phase and the calculation of the lightning current for each conductor of the line.
It is also possible to calculate the safety distance according to the IEC 62305-3 standard and carry out the electrical checks of the SPDs on the lines (IEC 62305-3/4) automatically and according to the electrical characteristics of the inserted SPDs and on the equipment protection.
The SPDs are chosen directly from a rich, easy-to-use library that can be modified with new components.
Automatic calculation of lightning collection area from structure drawing
The lightning collection area (direct or indirect lightning) can be determined analytically or graphically starting from the design of the structure.
It is possible to start from imported DXF/DWG format files, as a trace to draw structures faster.
Automatic and editable technical report
Flash by CEI automatically generates the technical report in editable Microsoft Word format (RTF), complete with all the calculation results for the entire structure and for each individual zone, line or system.
Flash by CEI is sold with an annual license (365 days from the date of purchase of the license).
Throughout this period, the user will have the right to use the product on one workstation, as well as to download and install the updates that will be released (major and minor versions).
If necessary (change of PC, breakdown...), the user has the option of moving the license to another workstation from within the program itself.
Minimum system requirements
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8 (not Windows RT), 8.1 (not Windows RT), 10
- PROCESSOR (CPU): Processor with 2 cores: Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or higher
- MEMORY: 1 GB of RAM memory (3 GB recommended)
- VIDEO CARD (GPU): Video card with at least 512 MB of memory, 1 GB recommended
- HARD DISK: at least 2GB of free space (5GB recommended)
- MOUSE: 3 buttons mouse. Scroll wheel recommended
- CONNECTIVITY: To access the web functions of the software (activation and recognition at startup, databases, online services, updates, etc.) an internet connection is required
- PRINTER: any printing device recognized by Windows (necessary if you want to produce paper reports)
Install on Mac
Intel-based Macs running OS X Leopard (10.5) or later are recommended.
Running the application on Mac is only possible by virtualizing a Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 system (both 32 and 64 bit) with one of the following hypervisors:
- Virtual Box
- Boot Camp